Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Can I use & build just the sequencer?
Moderators: Altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, mome rath

Can I use & build just the sequencer?

by stevesavage on Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:47 am

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I would like to use just the sequencer of the x0x for another project since it has all the bits I need.

Midi, din, cv, pattern storage etc

So are you able to just stuff the board with the components for the sequencer, and the power I/O board, minus all the actual 303 stuff?

Thanks

Steve
stevesavage

Re: Can I use & build just the sequencer?

by MMM on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:40 am

Sure, this should work.

CV and Gate are present anyway; and the rest depends a bit on the functionality you want (for example, do you need the Glide effect; and do you want to incorporate the Accent functionality into your design).
MMM

by stevesavage on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Well ideally i'd like to change some of the functionally, to enable me to use it as a drum sequencer for my 9090 (when it arrives!)

So i guess i wouldn't need the glide stuff
stevesavage

by MMM on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:37 pm

One thing to keep in mind: This is a sequencer intended to put out a monophonic CV and a single gate. This would probably require a major reprogramming (and hardware redesign) to enable several independent triggers instead (as needed for drum sequencing).
MMM