xox russian roulette

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
openchallenge

xox russian roulette

Post by openchallenge »

I bought a used xoxbox on ebay. The more I look at it I can't tell where it came from. It has a faceplate like willysyx but has a power switch above the adapter socket. I'm just wondering who made kits that looked like this.

myxoxoneb4.jpg
myxoxoneb4.jpg (774.6 KiB) Viewed 2975 times
myxoxoneb1.jpg
myxoxoneb1.jpg (689.82 KiB) Viewed 2975 times

openchallenge

Re: xox russian roulette

Post by openchallenge »

and awesome. It's tt. hahahaha. Fine. there is one less out there for you to worry about. the buck stops here on that one.

openchallenge

Post by openchallenge »

The tt has not arrived yet. Anyone suggest a plan of action? I sent the seller a message saying it was a ko. should I push for a refund now? Is it worth fixing if the parts are substandard? I know there have been kits with decent rare parts included and this does not appear to be a prebuilt version (it has been built and is supposed to be fully functional). I can absorb this and move on but wouldn't mind other options.

antto

Post by antto »

how much did it cost?
since it's a TT x0x, it probably won't have a bootloader afaik, which means that you won't be able to flash firmware
other than that, if it works - it works, you might wanna make tuning/calibration and/or some mods

if it doesn't work, you could still try to figure out what's wrong with it, and probably fix it

it's your choice, if you bought it cheap, i'd say give it a try

openchallenge

Post by openchallenge »

It was cheap. I contacted the seller and he said he built it and uses AS_x0x to tune it. the bootloader is not a perceived issue either. It will be here tomorrow I'll post a test video.

antto

Post by antto »

cool, i hope it works

as for the bootloader, you can buy a preprogrammed atmega162 (with the bootloader) from x0xsh0p, willsyx and probably some other guys

openchallenge

Post by openchallenge »

Ok, here's the test. Sorry, couldn't get it to embed here. let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/b-njQ9S789I

antto

Post by antto »

it sounds fine :wink:

openchallenge

Post by openchallenge »

Yeah, it's pretty comfy. I had a xoxbox waiting for me in '08 but was stuck with people who wouldn't pay their part of the rent when I got the email. Nice to finally have one.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”