Any opinion on this seller?

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vote46

Any opinion on this seller?

Post by vote46 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atomic-Mods-xox ... 2ec37d37cf

Hello y'all, i'm a newbee on this forum and I would like to get some opinions or advice before buying the thing!

antto

Re: Any opinion on this seller?

Post by antto »

it looks like a custom built x0x with some of the well-known mods (you can find them on x0xwiki and subatomic's site iirc)

you might wanna ask the seller whether the x0x has a bootloader, in case you'd like to flash other firmware using the USB, because it's not clear from his description

vote46

Post by vote46 »

thanks, will ask about it. First I was looking for an x0x without mods, but for the difference in price i'll go for a modded one.

bobby draino

Post by bobby draino »

i won the auction that u linkd to above. there were some real issues with the unit. fortunately this particular seller is a reasonable human being and has accepted that there are issues and he's agreed to pay to have the item shipped back to him with a new one to be sent upon receipt of the one thats not working and in perfect condition. the problems with the unit are as follows:

- the filter OD mod knob is very loose, virtually wobbly. not cool. maybe an "in-transit" issue.
- those nice silvery pimping knobs (as in photos) are just regular black ones. not too much of a problem. the seller had a point that those bigger knobs covered the lettering for the mode and bank text
- led for numbered key 8 lights up during power up, but not at all during any play modes. uncool. how do i know if a note is active or if a pattern is active. just annoying enough i guess.
- the xox came with low end power supply. which is fine i guess. but what has become apparent is that there is a definite voltage/power issue with the unit. sometime if i touch it, the unit will twitch out (can't think of a better way to explain the phenomenon). but literally the unit will make a pop or a crackle and a random light will flash on and off very quickly.

if any1 has any input on what might be up here than feel free to reply. it would be cool to get some experienced heads on this. there could be problems that im overlooking or a solution that im missing that could fix any1 of these issues.

on the plus side however, the unit cranks out some wicked tone. the mods work great, except for loosey goosey filter od, but yeah, man those mods make the unit so much more versatile sonically.

hope this helps. b

futureanalogue

Post by futureanalogue »

Hi there...wish i had seen this sooner...i also bought one of these from him recentley and it has arrived faulty..the notes are not playing properly/at all..he has said he will send a new one out in the next day or two so it should be okay hopefully... :?

I wanted to ask if you had received a proper working replacement from him yet.?

Thanks, Graham

altitude

Post by altitude »

you should as for a refund before he flushes out his paypal account.

charlie_says

Post by charlie_says »

btw I'm selling my modded x0x - check out the details in the x0x shop forum.
I will be uploading a video of it when I get some time.

vote46

Post by vote46 »

Finally decided to put the trigger on this x0x, no regret either, the mods are great, the only complain is about the short ac cable... the parts are sourced from willzyx, the seller was very quick to answer my questions... thanks for the feedbacks y'all :) Sorry to hear about the problem Bobby, did you get the new unit?

futureanalogue

Post by futureanalogue »

he has now posted out my replacement so its all good here... :D :D :D :D

vote46

Post by vote46 »

futureanalogue wrote:he has now posted out my replacement so its all good here... :D :D :D :D
Glad to here, how do you like the new unit?

futureanalogue

Post by futureanalogue »

not got it yet...should be a few days...got the tracking no. :wink:

a will come back and report soon as.... :D

futureanalogue

Post by futureanalogue »

vote46 wrote:Finally decided to put the trigger on this x0x, no regret either, the mods are great, the only complain is about the short ac cable... the parts are sourced from willzyx, the seller was very quick to answer my questions... thanks for the feedbacks y'all :) Sorry to hear about the problem Bobby, did you get the new unit?
where did you get it from in the end...?

Graham

vote46

Post by vote46 »

futureanalogue wrote:
vote46 wrote:Finally decided to put the trigger on this x0x, no regret either, the mods are great, the only complain is about the short ac cable... the parts are sourced from willzyx, the seller was very quick to answer my questions... thanks for the feedbacks y'all :) Sorry to hear about the problem Bobby, did you get the new unit?
where did you get it from in the end...?

Graham
From the link I posted

bobby draino

Post by bobby draino »

got a new replacement unit from him recently. problems were solved. looking good.

circutcities

Post by circutcities »

I just bought a x0x from this guy. I got it in the mail today, too. I made a pattern, attempted to save, and nothing has happened. I tried to save a pattern for two hours and nothing would save. It sounds great, but no saving! Now I'm wondering, am I doing this wrong?

I'm going to work on it tomorrow, and if it doesn't work, I'll ask for a refund.

ALSO, this seller is located in China. His location says "Magnolia, TX" which is BS. The shipping on eBay said $18. Yeah right. $18 express mail to the USA from Hong Kong in 4 days?

Once again, the unit sounds great but it won't save (as far as I can tell). I've hit that DONE button many times.

EDIT: I don't want to sound angry at this eBay seller. It could all be a simple misunderstanding or hardware error, or my own error. Other people have left him good feedback on eBay. I'll update this when I get more information.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”