how to undo a shortened sequence

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
taifun

how to undo a shortened sequence

Post by taifun »

Hi everybody, I have a question about the sequencer. When you shortened a sequence to less than the full 16 steps, how do you undo that again? Are the notes that were there before shortening it gone forever, once this has happened? I must say this happens to me regularly by accident, and because of this fact I don't like the implementation of this feature too much. Manual says to make the sequence longer again you must fill in notes/pitches in the blank sequencer steps. But I don't have a clue how to get past the last step of the shortened sequence, it just rotates back towards the first step :s I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on this.

thanks!

antto

Re: how to undo a shortened sequence

Post by antto »

yes, in the stock firmware and sokkos the notes are lost once you reduce the pattern length
you can use BANNED's pattern editor to edit patterns (change their length too) and load/save individual patterns from your PC

taifun

Re: how to undo a shortened sequence

Post by taifun »

antto wrote:yes, in the stock firmware and sokkos the notes are lost once you reduce the pattern length
you can use BANNED's pattern editor to edit patterns (change their length too) and load/save individual patterns from your PC
oh really? that sounds mighty interesting. I'm not too keen on the sequencer, but this probably has more to do with the fact that I've always been used to having everything visually before me on a screen. I'll look into that editor for sure! thanks ;)

I would still like to know though, any idea how to make the (hardware) sequencer understand that it needs to refill the empty steps in a sequence of less than 16 steps?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”