Problems syncing tempo to Protools

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hedleyb

Problems syncing tempo to Protools

Post by hedleyb »

Hi, I just received a newly built x0xbox and it sounds amazing!

......however, I am having some problems syncing it's tempo to Protools 10. I have it hooked up via Midi In (x0xb0x) to Midi Out on my audio interface (have tried straight into my Profire 2626 and into an M-Audio Midi Sport). I have the device in Patt Midi Sync mode and hooked up to an Instrument track within Protools. I have the audio routed from Mix Out to a spare audio input on my Profire 2626.

When i hit play within Protools the sequence starts playing, and stops when i hit stop, however the tempo is out of sync and the pattern on the x0xb0x doesn't start from the beginning but from where it was when I hit stop.

Has anyone any ideas what the problem is - no doubt some setting within Protools somewhere, however I have read all the manuals back to front, updated the drivers on the Midi Sport and the Profire and scoured the web trying to find a solution. Every thing I read seems to tell me that if it's picking up the transport controls then the tempo should sync ok. I have NI Maschine hooked up and that sync the tempo to Protools no problem.

Any help would be a great help - going crazy here!! :)

Cheers

Ben

antto

Re: Problems syncing tempo to Protools

Post by antto »

when you hit Stop in your DAW, you say the x0x stops
my question is: does the x0x "RUN" LED go off or not?

if it doesn't, that would mean that your DAW probably doesn't send a MIDI_STOP message, but simply stops sending MIDI_CLOCK messages, and that's plain wrong

just a theory

hedleyb

Post by hedleyb »

so, when i hit stop the LED light of whichever bank and sub bank i am on will be the only light left of on the sequencer

i think you're right, midi stop messages are not being sent from protools :(

hedleyb

Post by hedleyb »

Some additional information...

So, I tried it with Ableton Live 8 last night and it all works fine, tempo is syncing ok and MIDI_STOP messages are being passsed as expected.

Still no luck with Protools (v10.3.6). I ran midi monitor whilst trying to get it working too, and only MIDI CLOCK messages were being sent.

At least I have a workaround - will try rewiring Live into Protools tonight, see if all still works ok.

Anyone got any ideas on what could be the problem with Protools not passing MIDI START/STOP/CONTINUE messages?

cheers!!

rv0

Post by rv0 »

Check protools sync settings
Enable MMC

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”