FL Studio MIDI help

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
usamablackbelt

FL Studio MIDI help

Post by usamablackbelt »

Hey guys. I'm going to copy/paste this from another message board since I typed it out pretty well and it's long, but my problem is that the x0x won't receive MIDI data at all.

I have two audio interfaces hooked up via USB to FL (Scarlet2i2 and NI Audio 8 DJ). The Scarlet I use for my audio, and the NI Audio 8 has a MIDI channel on it. I have FL giving the Audio 8 DJ MIDI data on Port 1 using the MIDI Out plugin, which is set to Channel 1 and Port 1. When I look at the data indicator on the Audio 8 DJ, it shows that data is indeed coming from FL, and to the pattern of the MIDI I wrote in on the MIDI Out channel. I then have a MIDI cable going from Audio 8's MIDI Out to the x0x's MIDI In. The x0x is set to the MIDI Play mode, and the pattern lights indicate I'm on Port 1 (Light 1 is lit). The audio from the x0x is then sent to my Scarlet, which is in turn hooked up to my monitors. Audio works fine, as tested when I put it into Random mode.

So what's going on? I checked under options and all the MIDI options are checked. The Audio 8 is sending MIDI clock data via master sync, which is enabled. Any ideas?

rv0

Re: FL Studio MIDI help

Post by rv0 »

usamablackbelt wrote: The x0x is set to the MIDI Play mode,

The Audio 8 is sending MIDI clock data via master sync, which is enabled. Any ideas?
If you just wanna sync it, it should not be in midi play mode, try pattern play (midi sync)

usamablackbelt

Re: FL Studio MIDI help

Post by usamablackbelt »

Right, but neither of the options work. It appears the x0x just isn't receiving MIDI data.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”