Run 2 sold out

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
steev

Post by steev »

Hope mine is x0x 123 then ;)

bicky

Post by bicky »

Mine has just arrived too :)

x0x 131 wh00000000000t :)

mrangry

Post by mrangry »

x0xb0x # 180 has arrived ...

Wow. LadyAda, judging from the pics I saw on your website; I knew the kit would be nice looking, but boy was I surprised when I opened the box. Not only was everything METICULOUSLY packed and padded, but the quality of the workmanship on the metal face and case far exceeds what I was expecting. I was floored.

Thank you sooooo much, once I get back from my trip to NYC I will dive right into this project. Hell, I might even leave work early today to get a head start!

Thanks!!!

Kyle T

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

thx! the german is a good packer. the metal plates were done at www.salemmetal.com
they made a mistake (the ' in C' was taken out) but im still very happy. much better quality than the last run (where i got ripped off too :( )

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

mrangry wrote: Wow. LadyAda, judging from the pics I saw on your website; I knew the kit would be nice looking, but boy was I surprised when I opened the box. Not only was everything METICULOUSLY packed and padded, but the quality of the workmanship on the metal face and case far exceeds what I was expecting. I was floored.

ditto that. very impressed. the accuracy of the pack was spot on as well, nothing extra or missing, you guys have robot powers! cold and calculating is all I can imagine you to be. also kudos to your documentation, it's great, it kicks EVERY other diy site's pimply a**...

braw

Post by braw »

Definately one of the best looking "kits" I've seen. Very professional looking.

I can't wait to assemble it.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

braw wrote:Definately one of the best looking "kits" I've seen. Very professional looking.
I love the rubbery knobs (the thinner ones). nice pro feel.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

yah the knobs are awesome. they are nice & sticky. they dont match the larger ones as well, but thats what you get when you cant custom-order the parts :(

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

yeah the knobs rule! But I'm missing a pot in my kit! #113. I sent you an email about it. I only got 1 of the 50K B linear pots.

-jason

controlvoltage

Post by controlvoltage »

You're right, the quality on the new faceplates is outstanding... My older x0x #96 is feeling sad and shabby now. :(

just kidding, they're both lovely, really... but the shine and finish, bolder text and all on the new plates is r0kken.

etaoin

Post by etaoin »

Can anyone provide a picture of the new face plates? And are us sad first-run owners able to get the new face plate in any way? :D

zero01101

Post by zero01101 »

ha ha, i got a new one :P
x0x 108 love!

out of curiosity, what's different about the older faceplates? is it like the one in the "finishing up" section of the fab manual?

etaoin

Post by etaoin »

is it like the one in the "finishing up" section of the fab manual?
No, the old one (at least mine) is this one:
http://www.ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/releasecandidate.jpg

zero01101

Post by zero01101 »

hmmm...
perhaps then i have an old one also, as that looks like mine.
oh well.
vintage faceplate love! :lol:

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

the older ones are not as high quality. i cant really explain it any other way. i may end up getting 10 extra faceplaces for run #3 & selling them online...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”