Controlling x0xb0x with a Nord G2

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
steev

Controlling x0xb0x with a Nord G2

Post by steev »

Hey all,

My Kit is currently winging it's way to me.

One of my main intentions is to control the x0x via midi with my Nord G2.
So the first step is to recreate the way the 303 sequences. I have made a short list of considerations, can anyone think of others?

1) Six clock pulses per beat.

2) Standard gate length = 3.5 pulses (a little longer than a 32nd)

3) A slide on step 1 will start sliding at step 2.

4) Gate is not retriggered during slide. Remains fully open until it reaches another step without a slide.

So as far as i can tell, in the example of 3) above, in order to create this effect via Midi the step 1 gate length should just overlap step 2 and I make sure that the gate is not retriggered when a slide is about to be activated? (which is easy to do due to the nature of the slide being programmed pre-emptively)

Thanks

steev
Last edited by steev on Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steev

Post by steev »

Actually one issue that I have considered.. Would it be possible to have an option to initiate the slide with a cc message of some description rather than via overlapping notes / note on's?

I think this would greatly increase the options of external midi control from other hardware.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i am too busy to respond to personalized requests for firmware modifcation. the source code is there for you to play with...this is your chance to contribute back to the project!

steev

Post by steev »

I'd love to but I'm a musician, not a programmer.. that's why I'm here :)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

well, im a programmer, not a musician!
this might be a good opportunity to learn how to program, dont you think?

steev

Post by steev »

If I start programming I reckon I'll start fires or something :)
Isn't it best we stick to our respective strengths and work together?

I appreciate your time is short. But I reckon you should stick it on the bottom of the Firmware to-do list, whoever might be doing that... Especially if you ever want to compete head-on with the Revolution, 777 and Devilfish etc.

A very standard things for synths is for slide to be turned on via Controller 65 (Portamento).

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

If I start programming I reckon I'll start fires or something :)
if you dont try, how will you learn? ;)
Isn't it best we stick to our respective strengths and work together?
ha! well, it was worth a shot :roll:
I appreciate your time is short. But I reckon you should stick it on the bottom of the Firmware to-do list, whoever might be doing that... Especially if you ever want to compete head-on with the Revolution, 777 and Devilfish etc.
the x0x isnt really competing with anything. its more of a project than a product.
A very standard things for synths is for slide to be turned on via Controller 65 (Portamento).
you should add your request to the req. features tracker at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/x0xb0x

steev

Post by steev »

Fair enough, that was prompted cos I'd been reading comments you had made about the possibility of selling pre-made kits.

The closest I get to programming is Max/MSP, I can handle the logic side fine... but 'real' coding doesn't work for me, my brain can't process lots of lines of text.. the words jump around..

Will add it to the requests list.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”