x0xb0x swing/shuffle: what solutions in 2014 ?

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jaabaa

x0xb0x swing/shuffle: what solutions in 2014 ?

Post by jaabaa »

Hello,
I've seen older topics (back in 2005) about this. What is the situation in 2014?

Is there a "shuffle/swing" feature in x0xb0x ?

PS : I don't have an original TB303, so I even don't know : is there swing/shuffle feature in a TB303 ? The only thing I can say is that I have a TR707, and swing adds a lot to the groove!

antto

Re: x0xb0x swing/shuffle: what solutions in 2014 ?

Post by antto »

the TB-303 doesn't have shuffle, its internal clock is an analog square wave generator, thus there is nothing fancy going on in terms of timing
however, you could slave it to a shuffled clock generator (such things already exist)

the shuffle in the TR-707 (as well as in most other drum machines) is what i call "tick-based" because the actual clock is still "straight" and the whole shuffle is done by the machine just counting the ticks differently

sokkos has shuffle (tick-based)

there is also one FW mod based on sokkos which does shuffled clock (OmskOS i think)

and there is my FW (n0nx0x2) which has tick-based shuffle and shuffled clock (the shuffled clock is not released yet, it needs some more testing but hopefully it should be there in the following version)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”