installing sokkos 2.0, BANNED virtual serial port not workin

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
stino

installing sokkos 2.0, BANNED virtual serial port not workin

Post by stino »

hi all,
i followed the latest threads posted in 2013 and 14 on how to install sokkos 2.0 but i'm having difficulty.
i am using a mac and have osx 10.9.4 and when i run BANNED i get a message that says can't open serial port.
i've attached a screenshot to this post so you can see what i mean. i've downloaded the ftdi drivers for my 64bit mac, as well
as quartz 11 (which was recommended) and still nothing. i'm thinking it's something to do with the usb driver...?
i even tried switching ports on my mac and doing it all over, as well as rebooting my system.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

gracias.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 6.26.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 6.26.14 PM.png (83.29 KiB) Viewed 1725 times

antto

Re: installing sokkos 2.0, BANNED virtual serial port not wo

Post by antto »

/dev/tty.Bluetooth...?
this doesn't look right
if you plug the x0xb0x, on OSX it should appear as something like "/ dev/tty.usbserial-somenumbers"
make sure you're getting some such device appearing when the x0x is plugged in, and once it's plugged in (re)start BANNED, it'll scan the available serial/usb ports and put them in a list, then that list is used in the settings, you should be able to find it easily

stino

Re: installing sokkos 2.0, BANNED virtual serial port not wo

Post by stino »

i actually figured it out. it was automatically detecting my bluetooth mouse for some reason. i just had to click inside the BANNED app itself in the options...i think i hit P on the keyboard for settings. then i could scroll between the serial port options using the tiny arrows. i had to click until i reached the usb serial port and then it was able to detect it and load the firmware.

thanks for your response!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”