xoxbox 2 mode machine problems

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
fucs

xoxbox 2 mode machine problems

Post by fucs »

Hi there,
i've a couple of problems with my xoxbox2 mode machine.

- First one i can't copy and paste patterns from my machine. i've seen this tutorials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_5gqnAS-C0
but the shortcut doesn't work on my machine ( by the way the "done" button works good)
- i can't store a pattern on a different bank, from the manual it should work by pressing only once the "done" button, choose the bank where i want to store my pattern and after push again the "done" button, but when i press "done" button for the first time, it is stored in the same bank that i was working.

this is all the problems that i've find on my machine, on the other side the software have other problems that i would like to fix.
i use a mac osx 10.6.8 and i've correctly installed the conbox software, it's works right but when i work on a pattern i can't store it on my machine.
i saved and load the pattern correctly but when i play from my machines it is not the same pattern that i work on software.
When i load the pattern (i've previously store it on my mac in a .nsp format) a dialog box from the software warning me that can't find a CXM header and ask me to treat the file as .xbp file. If i choose YES it seems to upload the file, but it's not really stored on my machine. If i choose NO the upload doesn't start.

I hope that there is anyone that can help me, also in one of this point that i've posted. The first one is for me the most important because is very difficult for me to work without copy and past patterns.
thanks in advance for your help!

antto

Re: xoxbox 2 mode machine problems

Post by antto »

for the copy/paste question, i think this feature is part of SokkOS, and you probably have either an older version of SokkOS or the stock firmware

as for the other question
you've saved a single pattern via the BANNED pattern editor to an .NSP file
but, you've then tried to import it back via the "Import Patterns" or "Import EEPROM" functions, and they expect a .CXM memory file, which is different

to import the .NSP file - you have to go into the Pattern Editor again, select the bank/slot where you want put it, then hit the Load function, which should open a file selector.. chose the .nsp file, then it will get loaded into the pattern editor
if the "edge" around the pattern editor remains red - that means that the pattern hasn't been sent to the x0x - press CTRL+S then and it should be sent to the x0x on the selected bank/slot

also, you can copy/paste patterns via BANNED:
thru the pattern editor (make sure the Auto-LS is off), select a bank/slot, press CTRL+L (this loads from the x0x into the editor), then change the bank/slot and press CTRL+S

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”