Played notes don't stop to play

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SysKill

Played notes don't stop to play

Post by SysKill »

Hi together,

my xoxbox worked fine, since I built it. But yesterday suddenly some trouble started:

Suddenly every played note plays until another note is played. The last played note sounds for ever.
It doesn't matter in witch mode, keyboard, midi sync or random. There must be something broke, I guess.
Could you please help?

Sorry for my English and thank you for your attention!

mmm

Re: Played notes don't stop to play

Post by mmm »

Are the envelopes re-triggered with new notes (this may especially audible with the filter)? Does Accent make a difference, envelope-wise?

What I'm trying to find out here is if and where the envelopes go missing.

SysKill

Post by SysKill »

Hello MMM,

thank you for your answer.

For me it doesn't sounds like the notes are re-triggered. It sounds as if they don't stop.
It's hard to explain, so I recorded a short sound example:

Klick

I play some notes in keyboard mode. At the beginning all knobs are on 12 o'clock, later I play around with cutoff and envelope mod.

Accent doesn't seem to have any impact in any mode...

Strange, in the sound snippet you can hear that the the original note stops, when I stop to press the button. A quieter sound seems to start at the same time, which doesn't stop...

antto

Post by antto »

when you play a note - the volume becomes louder, and when you let it go - it gets quieter
this means that the VCA is open all the time (the control voltage there is above zero, for some reason) and yet the volume envelope works too and adds to that
i can't tell if the cutoff envelope works from that clip, but the volume envelope (or at least the Gate) seems to work

while not playing any note, what's the voltage at pin1 on IC15A? (even if there's no chip in there, measure it)

SysKill

Post by SysKill »

All right, I will measure that pin tomorrow in the morning and post the result here.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”