XOXBOX 173 in action

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CoolColJ

XOXBOX 173 in action

Post by CoolColJ »

the guy making my x0xbox just posted a clip of it in action - no mods so far yet, but rember my x0xbox is the one with the high beta transitors :)
as per this thread

http://www.ladyada.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=554

anyway quoting him

Here be the clip:

It starts out as random mode with the knobs being tweaked. In the middle it switches to saw wave and at the end I flipped it into keyboard mode and tested out the slide, made sure all them buttons worked. You can tell in keyboard mode how out of tune it is, so I'm going to tune it now and see if there's a damn midi cable around here.

I'll also try to do a pattern, but the LEDs are still not here due to a glitch with my bank acct- I thought I was overdrafted but it turns out that WF decided to all the sudden cancel my debit card and send another one. It's pretty much screwed up my week. But the blabbering must stop...

I hear a slight bit of clickyness that is apparent at low cutoff- tell me if yall hear the same. I'm checking out some other x0xb0x samples to see if they do the same thing. I think this is a minor problem, easily fixable if it is indeed a problem.

But man does it sound warm and liquid! I gotta say though, during twiddling it doesn't react the way I expected it. Not bad, just a little different. It does seem to behave the same way some of the x0x clone plugins I've tried do, like Rebirth. The cutoff mods will help out a bunch- I'm hoping that one that extends the range rather than just dropping the range an octave works well. It would really suck to have to switch a mod like that on and off- major headache because the top end isn't all that great either.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/download ... 23593337-5
holy BANNED random mode does no justice- it doesn't show off accent, which is so hard core- more clips to come

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ »

rest of the clips here

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=417985

the PSU and bass boost mod should add extra mojo 8)

kokoon

Post by kokoon »

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn man this sounds sooooo good!!!!!

i wish run3 comes soon... :x :x :x

creekree

Post by creekree »

dont mean to rain on your parade....

keep in mind that with each multimeter the indicated gain will vary - 350 on one might be 290 on a second one.
i do have 2 multimeters and yes, they do give different values (usually the difference is about 10% between them).
so... while useful to tell the difference within your personal lot of trannies its not possible to compare them with someonee elses trannies (unless you use the exact same multimeter, that is)
your x0x might be "the one with the high beta transitors", but maybe its just...not.

anyway, enjoy your x0x!
personally i envy you, my ba6110 replacement hasnt arrived yet..... aaaargh :(

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ »

still it sounds pretty liquidy, but perhaps not quite as bassy as a real 303
or the resonance not as mettalic. I remebr the 303 being pretty metallic and blatty

the PSU mod for extra warbly should add some extra elastic.
Mine will be on a trimpot so I can adjust this more or less.

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ »

briar_electrics

Post by briar_electrics »

More x0x 173

I just finished a crazy acid tune, basically kept going from that short on. It's a little noisy, might be bass-intense but it was fun to make. And listen to my other tunes too!

Jack

Still building kits, got a second one (x0x 123) nearly complete- so if anyone is looking for an assembler I'm available and cheap!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”