How to use x0xb0x as a midi to din sync converter?

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
intellijel

How to use x0xb0x as a midi to din sync converter?

Post by intellijel »

I use ableton as my main sequencer. How can I use my x0xbox so it receives midi from the sequencer and then sends out dinsync so an MC-202 attached to it will play?

When I use the x0xb0x in standalone pattern play (with dinsync out) it works, I just can't figure out how to do it without playing patterns.

Any tips?

hamburgers

Re: How to use x0xb0x as a midi to din sync converter?

Post by hamburgers »

intellijel wrote:I use ableton as my main sequencer. How can I use my x0xbox so it receives midi from the sequencer and then sends out dinsync so an MC-202 attached to it will play?

When I use the x0xb0x in standalone pattern play (with dinsync out) it works, I just can't figure out how to do it without playing patterns.

Any tips?
cv/gate :wink:

phono

Post by phono »

mome rath wrote:
intellijel wrote:I use ableton as my main sequencer. How can I use my x0xbox so it receives midi from the sequencer and then sends out dinsync so an MC-202 attached to it will play?

Any tips?
cv/gate :wink:
not with the mc202, unless you like lagged weird quantised notes (the 202 needs modding for this to work well)

but anyway back to the op's question. The quick fix is to use it as you say but with a blank pattern of 16 steps

If you set it to midi play and a blank pattern it might still send out din, i dotn know actually.

But it would definately work in pattern (sync out) mode, if you made a blank pattern. The x0x would be the master clock here of course.

futureman

Post by futureman »

It's actually pretty easy to mod the MC-202 and install extra cv & tage in's which bypass the CPU to get rid of that crappy lag. if you built your xoxbox, you should def be up for this.

I've done this on quite a few MC-202's and it works wonders.

look here for semi instructions on how to do it.

(FYI Dinsync is only sync, not any note info..)

http://www.cykong.com/Synths/Roland%20M ... -Mods1.htm

This website also notes how to add extra cv's etc, which you could do if you wish, but my advice would be CV, Gate and filter is you want.
Regards

Mike

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled »

The x0xb0x automatically converts MIDI sync to DIN sync, there's nothing you need to do.

octelcogopod

Post by octelcogopod »

Computer Controlled is right -- the x0xb0x outputs DINSYNC pretty much all the time, even when it's slaved to another midi source (you can set it to a blank pattern and simply use it as a MIDI-DINSYNC converter)

mike oxford

Post by mike oxford »

hi,
I'm having the same issue..
I want to use Logic's sequencer to send Midi NOTE ON/OFF to Xoxbox and need the Xoxbox to send clock to TR606 via Dinsync...
somehow when I use the "Midi play" mode, the sequence from Logic gets played well on Xoxbox, but Xoxbox does not send Dinsync clock to TR606 :(
If I try other modes like "Pattern MIDI Sync", Xoxbox sends Dinsync Clock to TR606, but does not play my sequence from Logic.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

antto

Post by antto »

yes, read my other reply, and use the x0x's internal sequencer
or get yourself a midi-to-dinsync converter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”