Xoxbox USB connectivity issues

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wee_dancer

Xoxbox USB connectivity issues

Post by wee_dancer »

Hi,

I've had a search on the forum and haven't managed to find a solution to the problem I'm experiencing with my xoxbox, hopefully somebody can help though! Basically, I've installed all the relevant drivers and control software on both PC and Mac, but anytime I connect my xoxbox to either, both Windows and OSX tell me that the USB device is drawing too much power and has been disconnected. This means I am unable to backup my xoxbox or update it's firmware.

Any advice on what could be causing this and also potential solutions to the problem would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

wee_dancer

Re: Xoxbox USB connectivity issues

Post by wee_dancer »

Update: I've tried turning off the automatic disconnect that Windows applies to USB devices drawing too much power, but the Xoxbox still doesn't show up in the ports/coms section. I've also plugged it in via a powered USB and had no success. In fact in both cases, the Xoxbox has drawn so much power from the USB ports that it has stopped anything else from receiving power via USB!

Only other thing I can think of is that there must be a problem with the USB port or some other part of the Xoxbox itself. Again any input would be appreciated...

Cheers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”