octaves in pattern write

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
greg

octaves in pattern write

Post by greg »

i noticed an inconsistency in my pattern write mode:

if i hit chain to get random notes, i get one more octave of pitch at the top end than if i enter the notes manually. once i edit the high notes, i can't get them back up into that top octave.

any ideas? i'm also having some led inconsistency, so maybe something is awry in my button section? otherwise it functions perfectly.

thanks for any advice,
greg

subatomic

Re: octaves in pattern write

Post by subatomic »

greg wrote:i noticed an inconsistency in my pattern write mode:
I think I also saw only 3 ocatves (plus the upper 4th oct C note) in the pattern edit mode. but I still have the firmware that came with my #121 (I still need to update)...

sorry no advice. just confirmation... :)

Jonnay

Post by Jonnay »

You can get a firmware mod to give you access to the upper octaves by using the u/d switches. The TB-303 didn't give you access to those octaves either, unless you had CV in mod, and fed it a higher octave.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

Jonnay wrote:You can get a firmware mod to give you access to the upper octaves by using the u/d switches. The TB-303 didn't give you access to those octaves either, unless you had CV in mod, and fed it a higher octave.
interesting. I was only worried because keyboard mode does let me access 4 octaves (light on for down, no lights, light on for up, blinking light for up == 4). strangely inconsistant. but if the 303 did it it must be good! :) yeah, I may look for the mod.

greg

Post by greg »

this all makes sense. can someone verify that the chain button (random) in pattern write access this higher octave?

Jonnay

Post by Jonnay »

Verified.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”