the sweet taste of failure

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
m0me rath

the sweet taste of failure

Post by m0me rath »

Hi.

So x0x 122 is assembled and doing very odd things. I didn't test any voltages after Jonnay told me how to do it in the power supply and all I got was a huge spark and no response from anyone about that.

So now I have a b0x that lights up just fine (except the black keys).

When I hold the two boards at the perfect angle, I get a shrill squeak noise out of all of the white keys if I press them. Not the black keys. The squeaking sound is all the same pitch.

Also, depending on where I hold the board, I can pick up different radio channels. I heard a football game when I covered some solder joints with my finger and a talk show when I covered some others.

This is awesome? :o

k-rite

Re: the sweet taste of failure

Post by k-rite »

m0me rath wrote:So now I have a b0x that lights up just fine (except the black keys).
what mode are you in? which black keys? just the keyboard black keys or all of the black keys? do your white numbered keys light up? have you tried any of the tests in the fabrication manuals?

my black note keys don't light up either, but from what i gather no note keys should light up in keyboard mode. i'm also having problems. make sure your analog section works, then narrow down the problem.

Post by Guest »

The white keys work in keyboard mode. By black keys I meant the black keys like the keys on a piano. They don't light up when I press them!

I got a very distinct square sound and a saw sound, but then it was back to radio.

At least I made a radio? A friend who is more versed in all this circuits business is coming over tomorrow to help me not blow stuff up.

hurrrrrr

Jonnay

Post by Jonnay »

LEDs don't light up in keyboard mode.

Post by Guest »

Mine are! For really and certainly!

mome rath

uh... so..

Post by mome rath »

OK. You're right. The keys don't light up in keyboard mode. I had my switch on backwards. 122 is up and running. :P

k-rite

Re: uh... so..

Post by k-rite »

mome rath wrote:OK. You're right. The keys don't light up in keyboard mode. I had my switch on backwards. 122 is up and running. :P
which switch did you have in backwards?

mome rath

Post by mome rath »

The function select knob.

You know... the one that lets you pick keyboard, computer controlled, bootloader, etc.

Which way do you screw on the knob? I had the screw going into the flat face of the pot. Then when we had the marker on the knob directly across from keyboard mode, keyboard mode worked. So we just unscrewed it and put it on the other way (hurrrrr)

Post by Guest »

thats pretty strange
does the marker on the knob face the screw
or does it face away from the screw
are all of the function selections opposite

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

That's how I had it before. Wherever the marker was, the opposite function (i.e. the one directly across the knob) was in effect.

Now take that screw and put it on the opposite side, and hey it works!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

thats very bizarre. nothing in the firmware changed so that it should be *backwards* for you...

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

8) 8) 8)

k-rite

Post by k-rite »

mine does the same thing.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”