Previous and Next LED behavior

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
maxtim

Previous and Next LED behavior

Post by maxtim »

I just want to verify this.
When I am in pattern edit mode:
the next LED lights when I press the button but stays lit when I press the PREV button. the PREV LED never lights.
I checked the soldering and orientation of the LEDs and the controller IC and all is as it should be.
If this is not normal behavior, I need to replace the IC.
Or the firmware has a control error.

Cheers :)

Radiance

Post by Radiance »

Same here, I guess it's normal.

etaoin

Post by etaoin »

Same here. I guess the NEXT LED just indicates that it is in step mode and not what the last selected step was.

maxtim

Post by maxtim »

OK then.
So when does the PREV indicater light?
The only logical time for it to light would be in Track Edit or Pattern Edit modes when you are moving backwards through a sequence.
Hmmmmmmm........ I wish I had a clue about reading/programming code

chairman meow

source code says...

Post by chairman meow »

According to pattern_edit.c, the 'NEXT' LED is lit to indicate that the synth is in step-write mode. This is not mentioned in the user manual. Nothing indicates that the synth is in run-write mode (other than the fact that the 'PREV' button doesn't work... or the 'R/S' LED if you happen to be playing at the moment).

IMHO, the existing run-write mode should be done away with. The step-write mode should allow you to play and stop the pattern if you wish, the existing run-write mode doesn't add any functionality.

I would like an additional mode that started at step 1, allowing you to hit note keys while incrementing the step with each key press, for easily setting up the base of a pattern.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”