Banks problem

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
modernmouse

Banks problem

Post by modernmouse »

Hi everyone,
I'm new here so, please, be kind if I'm saying something stupid. I just acquired a couple of days ago a 2nd hand adafruit xoxbox. I played a bit with the standard OS and then installed SokkOs. It works great except for a problem I found today. There are only 8 double banks. For exemple the bank 1 is identical to bank 3, bank 2 with bank 4, bank 3 with bank 5 and so on, and all the pattern are the same in every couple. If I try to save a pattern in a bank, it is automatically saved also in the other. Also when I switch to keyboard mode, if I switch the bank knob the led light up in this way: 1,2,1,2,5,6,5,6,9,10,9,10,13,14,13,14. I'm almost sure it's some sort of soldering problem, but I'm a complete noob in electronic.
What do you think?

mmm

Re: Banks problem

Post by mmm »

It's pretty clear that one bit is missing. The switches are 4 bit (bit0 to bit3) and bit1 is the culprit here (in the schematic: the ROTARY2 signal).
Is the Mode switch working ok?

modernmouse

Post by modernmouse »

Yes, the mode switch is alright. So, what can I do?
Thanks and sorry again for my ignorance on the subject.

Nordcore

Post by Nordcore »

D8 not soldered properly. Middle pin (of 5) from the bank switch not soldered properly.

modernmouse

Post by modernmouse »

Thanks for the help. Right now I don't have the skills to try to fix it. I'm gonna start studying a bit about electronics, it could always be useful.
I'll update you when I'll operate.

Nordcore

Post by Nordcore »

Find someone who can solder, there is a good chance that the problem is just a bad solder joint and fixed in a couple of minutes.
(Diode D8 is clearly labelled on the board, and the switch can't be missed ... )

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”