new live pa with x0xbox and ableton (deep techno, house micr

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
intellijel

new live pa with x0xbox and ableton (deep techno, house micr

Post by intellijel »

In the past couple of months I have made over 60 new tracks. I took the best ones and chopped them into loops and layers and made this 90 minute live set (14 stereo tracks + 2 operator synths in ableton, 2 x Behringer bcr2000 controllers and a heavy modified x0xb0x). It is a mixture of deep techno, deep house, microhouse with some detroit and reggae flavours in parts.

enjoy!

http://www.intellijel.com/sounds/Intell ... .01.08.mp3

oh and please feel to share with other people. Critical feedback is welcome

My last live performance was alongside Mat Jonson, Thomas Jirku, BANNED Black... all fellow techno enthusiasts from BC.

Things have been going well in terms of production and proliferation so it is time to hit up some labels with demos. Suggestions are useful to me...

cheers,
intellijel

www.intellijel.com

chairman meow

Post by chairman meow »

Reminds me of an old Richie Hawtin set... must be something in the water up in Canada. Nice set, Intellijel. How about posting some material with more x0xb0x to show off those mods?

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

Listened all the way through... really like the part @ 75ish min.

Good stuff (saved!)

maxtim

Post by maxtim »

Listened all the way through.

Nice set, easy to listen to. It would make a great early party mix.
Later hours would require a little more darkness under all the happy keys.

All really strong sounds and A great balance between the bass and the melody. Not too compressed. Not comped enough to be deep House though.
The drums are tight and the whole mix flows perectly (not surprising as it was done in "LIVE")

Favorite song in the mix was @75min (with the Jamaican vocal sample)
Second fave was the acid song of course @62min (great sample for the intro, and the x0xb0x)
Least favorite song was @58min. That cheesy synth line and that slide whistle bit. Blah (IMHO).

Was the x0xb0x physicly modded or are you refering to the sound being modded (effects)?

This mix would make a great demo of your talents.
The production is spot on IMHO.
Get some of those songs mastered to vinyl and I'm sure you could get played.
Your music is great feel good, popular type dance that would shurly please the kids.

My advice would only stray you from your focus because I resist the structure that is so prominent and rigid in house. I like break downs and build ups of drums. I like radical changes of tempo and I love lots of notes, chord progressions, arpeggios ets. I like songs that progress to and from extreems. I like drifting tuning and humanized play.
(that is why most poeple don't like my productions :wink: )

Cheers :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”