upcoming photo tutorial

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pm6041141

Re: upcoming photo tutorial

Post by pm6041141 »

...And cheap microscopy.

johngineer

Re: upcoming photo tutorial

Post by johngineer »

george graves wrote:John - are any of the entry level DSLR's able to show you a image of what you just shot on a laptop screen right after you snapped the image? I would find it endlessly useful if I could get a camera that would like me know when I've captured the shot on a larger screen. Rather than uploading the image to the PC and then seeing if I've gotten exposure/focus, going back, trying again, ect... What is this feature called anyways?

It really depends on the camera, though most DSLRs do. This is called tethered shooting, and it's accomplished usually with a combination of the camera and computer software. Nikon, for example, will sell you a program for it (Nikon Camera Control) for $150, while Canon (last I checked) ships their SLRs with it for free. There are other 3rd party options available too.

Probably the easiest solution, however, would be to get an eyefi card and just have the computer next to you. When you shoot the photo and wait a few seconds, the image will show up in a directory and then you can just view it there (with picasa or whatever).

pm6041141 wrote:...And cheap microscopy.
uhhh do you have a cheap microscope?

i'm afraid this tutorial will be more-or-less limited to taking pictures of things on the order of inches and feet.

and i'm going to try to avoid telling people which specific camera to buy, because it will start a flamewar.

fortunately, there are plenty of aftermarket adapters available to mount any major camera to a microscope (or telescope).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”