Hacking the Brother Knitting Machine - Extra files!!

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lmworster

Re: Hacking the Brother Knitting Machine - Extra files!!

Post by lmworster »

I feel rather silly now. Everything seems to be communicating fine using Becky's method. I haven't re-tried img2track, since I haven't gotten it to play nice with Wine on my Ubuntu netbook.
itmakesyousmile wrote:WRT img2track: Have you checked the img2track log to see what information is there?
Yeah, I actually turned on as much debugging information as I could find in img2track's settings.

I think I must have plugged something in wonky or... something. I don't know.

I guess back to the code now. See if I can get it to add patterns without needing a container pattern. :)

kristina92

Post by kristina92 »

This might not be the right place to post this, so I'm sorry if that is the case. But I couldn't find anywhere else that looked better, so:

Does this hack only work with the 930e or would it also work with the 930? I am going to purchase a machine and do not want to get one that does not actually work with this whole process. I am having a hard time finding any information about the difference between the two machines.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

itmakesyousmile

Post by itmakesyousmile »

Hi Kristina92,

The 930e is the same thing as the 930. The "e" model was simply an anniversary/commemorative model that Brother put out in different colors. Mechanically and electronically identical.

--Tanya

kristina92

Post by kristina92 »

Tanya, thank you so much! I really appreciate the help :)

itmakesyousmile

Come on over and visit us on Ravelry.com, the Machine Knitting Group, or the Img2track group, or the Open Source Machine Knitting Group or the Computer Aided Machine Knitting Group. All great folks with lots of knowledge.

--Tanya

kristina92

Post by kristina92 »

Wonderful, thank you! I just signed up :) Also, do you have any idea if it works with the 940? Thanks!

itmakesyousmile

If you're referring to img2track, yes, 930/940/950i. Info at daviworks.com/knitting.

--Tanya

PS you can check out my img2track projects page at http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ItMakes ... /img2track

kristina92

Post by kristina92 »

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant to ask if the 940 worked with Becky's original hack. Do you know? But I am also really interested in using img2track and love all of the great things you have made using it! Very cool.

itmakesyousmile

Y'know, even though I started out with the Becky Stern/Adafruit hack, it's been so long now that I don't actually recall if it works with other than the 930. If I figure it out I'll post, otherwise maybe someone else is still monitoring this thread and can tell you.

--Tanya

AnnetteTr

Post by AnnetteTr »

Hi
I hope someone is still looking here.
I am trying to hack my Brother KH940 from a windows7 machine. First I want to backup the patterns I have manually put in to the machine.
When I try to run
python PDDemulate.py img COM4
I get this error:
File "PDDemulate.py", line 81
class DiskSector():
SyntaxError: invalid syntax.
+
Can anybody please tell me how to get on
Best Regards.

Robness

Post by Robness »

For those of you having the write error problem, I believe I have the solution. It's caused because of the timeout of the serial connection. Line 296 in PDDemulate.py is self.ser = serial.Serial(port=cport, baudrate=9600, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=1, xonxoff=0, rtscts=0, dsrdtr=0). I set the timeout=1 parameter to timeout=None and was able to get past the error. The timeout value is in seconds so I'm guessing if you set it higher it might work too.

For windows you'll also need to install GnuWin32 since the cat command that is used is primarily a Linux command. I installed/configured it according to http://lifeofageekadmin.com/install-gnu ... n-windows/

EkoS

Post by EkoS »

Hey y'all, I'm having the following error when I try to insert a new pattern into myfile.dat

Where I'm stuck is the "Inserting the pattern" part located here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/electroknit/insert

I'm getting the following error:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "insertpattern.py", line 204, in <module>
    print 'ERROR: Pattern %d not found' % e.patternNumber
TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not str
anyone else come across this problem?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”