There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

mini Push on Push off switch or something better
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

mini Push on Push off switch or something better

by rizla420 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:43 pm

I have to test contacts for a series of buttons that get connected to a a header row. Im trying to make a jig so i can test out a bunch of boards once they're finished being soldered. I need something i can press on and press off. I tried just testing with jumpers, but it gets very tedious to place one down, pick it up, move it for 20 pin pairs. I want something to put onto a jig that i can slap it on top of the male headers using a corresponding female header. WHich then breaks out into the buttons that i can press on press off. All the push buttons i tend to find are too big and bluky. I just need something small to press on, press off. Preferably limited to two contact points. I dont know why it seems hard to for me to find this part, but i haven had much success on digi/mouser/jameco/ebay/etc.

Maybe im just not thinking of the part i need correctly. Any ideas? Thanks.
rizla420

Re: mini Push on Push off switch or something better

by adafruit on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:49 pm

adafruit

by rizla420 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 pm

adafruit wrote:http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?PName?Name=519PB-ND&Site=US

OMG! are you kidding me! fml, thank you so much!

[edit]
I used too many acronyms for some reason. i probably came off like a 13 year old kid, my mistake. Thanks again adafruit!

[/edit]
rizla420

by Ramjet1 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:23 am

Nice
Ramjet1

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.