mini Push on Push off switch or something better
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

mini Push on Push off switch or something better

by rizla420 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:43 pm

I have to test contacts for a series of buttons that get connected to a a header row. Im trying to make a jig so i can test out a bunch of boards once they're finished being soldered. I need something i can press on and press off. I tried just testing with jumpers, but it gets very tedious to place one down, pick it up, move it for 20 pin pairs. I want something to put onto a jig that i can slap it on top of the male headers using a corresponding female header. WHich then breaks out into the buttons that i can press on press off. All the push buttons i tend to find are too big and bluky. I just need something small to press on, press off. Preferably limited to two contact points. I dont know why it seems hard to for me to find this part, but i haven had much success on digi/mouser/jameco/ebay/etc.

Maybe im just not thinking of the part i need correctly. Any ideas? Thanks.
rizla420

Re: mini Push on Push off switch or something better

by adafruit on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:49 pm

adafruit

by rizla420 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 pm

adafruit wrote:http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?PName?Name=519PB-ND&Site=US

OMG! are you kidding me! fml, thank you so much!

[edit]
I used too many acronyms for some reason. i probably came off like a 13 year old kid, my mistake. Thanks again adafruit!

[/edit]
rizla420

by Ramjet1 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:23 am

Nice
Ramjet1