Product ID#482: Waterproof Metal On/Off Switch with Green LED Ring - 16mm Green On/Off

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_bill

Re: Product ID#482: Waterproof Metal On/Off Switch with Green LED Ring - 16mm Green On/Off

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The Normally Open connection (NO) is the logical opposite of the Normally Close (NC) connection. When the putton is not pressed, NO is open (not connected) and NC is closed (connected). When the button is pressed, the NO pin is closed (connected) and the NC pin is open (not connected).

adenkers

Re: Product ID#482: Waterproof Metal On/Off Switch with Green LED Ring - 16mm Green On/Off

Post by adenkers »

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense - and I was wondering if that might be the case since that pin did work when I was testing.

Appreciate the really quick feedback. These are great little buttons. Plan to only illuminate the button when it is not pressed, and shut off the LED when I hit it. Should be really helpful and save power.

dellagratti

Post by dellagratti »

Whats the difference between the Momentary switch and the on/off switch? Id like to order the ones that stay lit when i activate it and turns off when deactivate switch.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The momentary switch is on only when you are pressing on it. The on/off switch toggles between the on and the off state with each press.

In either case, the led is controlled independently from the switch itself. You can wire it to turn on with the switch if you want.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”