IR Nodes

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
technofie

IR Nodes

Post by technofie »

I have a project I am working on and need some help/guidance. I want to use the IRremote.h library to give two identical nodes the ability to "recognize" each other. Let's call one the Primary Node and the other the Secondary Node. The Primary Node will broadcast a code continuously. When the Secondary Node receives that code, it will broadcast another code in return. This exchange will occur any number of times to verify each others' existence before they each execute a task at roughly the same time.

This is what I want to accomplish, but I'm not sure how to structure the code exactly. Is this even possible with IR LEDs, IR Sensors, and two Teensy 2.0's? Or am I exceeding the limitations of IR communication and the IRremote library?

technofie

Re: IR Nodes

Post by technofie »

Looks like part of my problem could be the way that particular IR library works. I am going to try Zbotic's IRController library (http://www.zbotic.com/index.php/download/) and see if I get better results. I was reading a forums post about it and there may still be a few bugs he needs to resolve, but hopefully this will work for my particular use. I will post an update once I get a chance to try it out.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”