100 cases.. PLEASE HELP

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_rick

Re: 100 cases.. PLEASE HELP

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Looks right. Just delete the comma at the end of line 327, since there are no more cases after the last one.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Ruffsta wrote:not to seem rude.. but
please keep in mind the adafruit customer support forums are for our customers, our team helps our customers here, that's our priority :)

thanks!
adafruit support

Ruffsta

Post by Ruffsta »

cool, how do i define those colors at the top to suit this particular project? i don't know how you got those currently there in the first place..

the colors i will need are:

GREEN, LTGREEN, DKGREEN, BLUE (or white), and red

also, did you read the post i put with the digit led? have to make that work with these.. been looking for good clear tutorials on digit leds and 8x8 matrix leds..

can you also show me the type of i/o pins and such i will need to hook up the 100 rgb leds?

thank you for your help btw..

adafruit_support_rick

As we've mentioned before - you can't get shades like light green and dark green without active PWM control.

Adafruit sells seven-segment LEDs, and offers a simple library for writing to them.

I'm not quite sure why you want to do this whole thing the hard way - assembling your own hardware, writing your own device drivers, etc. I still have no idea how you plan to individually control 100 RGB LEDs from a single arduino. It's simply not possible without a lot of ancillary hardware.

Go back through your posts - lots of people who understand the realities of what you're trying to do have been trying to steer you in the right direction.

Just about everything you need to do is already out there - done, working, available, and easy to use. Why are you trying to re-invent it all?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Ruffsta wrote:so basically i WASTED my time coding all that? great, just great!
hi,

we're here to assist our customers and we also try to give a helping hand to anyone when we can, please keep in mind the forums here are for our customers, we're going to lock this thread for now.

thank you,
adafruit support

adafruit_support_rick

And you didn't waste your time. I sent you an email...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”