help with circuit

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
themrzmaster

help with circuit

Post by themrzmaster »

hello guys,
im just thinking about a project. i will connect a DS18B20 Digital temperature sensor , 1.8" 18-bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card breakout - ST7735R and Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout - 66 channel w/10 Hz updates - Version 3 to a arduino uno r3

please tell me if everything is correctly and its possible to make.

thank you

adafruit_support_rick

Re: help with circuit

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That should work, although you probably want to connect the display and microSD using hardware SPI instead of software SPI (as in your picture).

You might also want to consider the shield version of this display, since there's less wiring involved.

themrzmaster

Post by themrzmaster »

driverblock wrote:That should work, although you probably want to connect the display and microSD using hardware SPI instead of software SPI (as in your picture).

You might also want to consider the shield version of this display, since there's less wiring involved.

thanks for the answer! btw, you know if i can fit a MEGA2560 on this case http://www.adafruit.com/products/337 ?

adafruit_support_rick

Yes, we checked and the mega will fit in the case. It matches up to the mounting points in the case, and the USB connector is at the edge of the opening of the enclosure.

Please note that the shield version of the display requires hardware modifications in order to work with the Mega in Hi-Speed SPI mode, since the Mega assigns SPI to a different set of pins.

asteroide06

Post by asteroide06 »

Hello,

What hardware modification has to be done on the shield version of the 1.8" TFT LCD ? I connected wires from the shield's SCK, MOSI and CS pins to Arduino Mega pins 51, 52 and 53. The demo program graphicstest_highspeed doesn't work. Do I have to cut the original connections on the shield's PCB ?

Thanks

adafruit_support_rick

Yes, you must cut the traces on the shield.

asteroide06

Post by asteroide06 »

Thanks a lot for your quick answer ! I just removed the pins that connect the shield to the arduino and now it works fine and faster !

Thanks again for your help

adafruit_support_rick

Groovy! You're welcome! :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”