LPD8806 Broken LEDs Help

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Pizzapie500

LPD8806 Broken LEDs Help

Post by Pizzapie500 »

Hello

I purchased the Digital RGB Led strip a few weeks ago and recently am trying to setup the lights. At first glance I notice that the 2 m strip arrived a bit bent in several locations and when it was tested only about 3/4 of the lights work properly. The only way to get all the lights to work is to apply pressure on the chip next to the bugged LEDs and then the rest of the strip works. It appears that there may be damaged solder points at these locations. I am short on time unfortunately and have the rest of this week to finish the project. Is there a way I can get a replacement strip in time? If this is possible can I ship the broken strip after I received the new one? I would really appreciate that. I can send pictures if necessary to prove this. Thanks for reading.

This is the product I purchased: http://adafruit.com/products/306

adafruit

Re: LPD8806 Broken LEDs Help

Post by adafruit »

Pizzapie500 wrote:Hello

I purchased the Digital RGB Led strip a few weeks ago and recently am trying to setup the lights. At first glance I notice that the 2 m strip arrived a bit bent in several locations and when it was tested only about 3/4 of the lights work properly. The only way to get all the lights to work is to apply pressure on the chip next to the bugged LEDs and then the rest of the strip works. It appears that there may be damaged solder points at these locations. I am short on time unfortunately and have the rest of this week to finish the project. Is there a way I can get a replacement strip in time? If this is possible can I ship the broken strip after I received the new one? I would really appreciate that. I can send pictures if necessary to prove this. Thanks for reading.

This is the product I purchased: http://adafruit.com/products/306
it's saturday at 6:40pm ET, please email [email protected] and we'll do our best.

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”