Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Arduino uno + Adafruit motor not working
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Arduino uno + Adafruit motor not working

by infoseeker on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi guys

I am new to electrics , have perform a search on the forum room and all I am getting back is electric jargon which I don't totally understand.

I have two DC 6V motors attach to Robot Chassis model RP5-CH02 this is power up by 6 x 1.5 batteries. which gives me a total 9V both DC motor run fine with out Arduino uno board and the motor shield .

My problem is when I attach Arduino uno and the Adafruit Motor shield board the motor shield led lights done not turn on even when I attach the 9v supply directly to the arduino uno board. My guts tell me I need to add more power like 12V

can't configure this out please help. if you have any picture of how this board should be correctly configure I would even more appreciate it , your support will provide me with extra basic knowledge that I require to build my first basic Robot.
have attach some photos of how the wireds are configured.

thanks
Attachments
photo.JPG
my first Robot not working :(
photo.JPG (729.32 KiB) Viewed 326 times
infoseeker

Re: Arduino uno + Adafruit motor not working

by adafruit_support_bill on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi,

That doesn't look like one of our shields. Where did you purchase it?

adafruit_support_bill

by infoseeker on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Bought the shield from eBay
infoseeker

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 am

Looks like maybe a copy of an older version of our shield. You should contact the seller for technical support.

adafruit_support_bill