Dummy battery for empy slots - ID: 875

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
michaelmeissner

Re: Dummy battery for empy slots - ID: 875

Post by michaelmeissner »

The amps are a function of how much power your circuit requires (i.e. if the battery can supply 2aH and your circuit only needs 100maH, that's fine, but if your circuit requires 2aH and your battery/voltage converter can only supply 600maH like the voltage converter I mentioned, then you run the risk of burning something out).

At this point, I hope somebody else steps in with more knowledge about circuits, because you are getting beyond my understanding of things.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I posted a photo of my battery that has that info I believe
Looking at the battery specs only tells us what the battery is capable of. It tells us nothing about what the device requires. If we knew how long the device ran on the 1120mAh available, we could estimate the average current draw. But without that, we can only guess.

intrygue83

Post by intrygue83 »

MichaelMeissner wrote:The amps are a function of how much power your circuit requires (i.e. if the battery can supply 2aH and your circuit only needs 100maH, that's fine, but if your circuit requires 2aH and your battery/voltage converter can only supply 600maH like the voltage converter I mentioned, then you run the risk of burning something out).

At this point, I hope somebody else steps in with more knowledge about circuits, because you are getting beyond my understanding of things.
Lol thanks for the help. I appreciate your time

intrygue83

Post by intrygue83 »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:
I posted a photo of my battery that has that info I believe
Looking at the battery specs only tells us what the battery is capable of. It tells us nothing about what the device requires. If we knew how long the device ran on the 1120mAh available, we could estimate the average current draw. But without that, we can only guess.
OK gotcha. I think I got the hang of it from the info you guys provided. I greatly appreciate it

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”