1.8" TFT help/information needed

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Khanorr

1.8" TFT help/information needed

Post by Khanorr »

Hello everyone!

I'm following this Forum for quick support on almost everything, so thanks in advance to everyone!

Getting to topic:
My project is running a main control unit for use in audio production and -mastering studios, a central hub as you wish. This project includes two of your 1.8" TFT displays (ST7735R), driven by two Arduino nano's. The question I have regards on the TFT-only kit, since i don't need an SD-Card interface at all.

As far as i could find out, the TFT-only kit includes the screen and the controller, leaving everything open on the fine-pitched flatwire. The logic level is 3.3V, so I'll have to add a logic-converter to not destroy the controller.

The question I have:
which logic-converter do you use on this TFT-shield as my first question, the second one is the pinout on the TFT itself. Because of the japanese datasheet i couldn't find out too much regarding this, so I'd appreciate some help/advice, if someone has some experience with this kit. Especially which line should be connected to what point, kind of important for the PCB-routing ;)

Information on the side: This product should be commercially available afterwards, so please tell me if there are some legal issues with my plan on using this kit.

Thanks in advance!

Khanorr

adafruit_support_rick

Re: 1.8" TFT help/information needed

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Not really a kit - it's just a bare component. No licensing issues!
You can use 4050CD or 74LVX245 level shifter.

Khanorr

Post by Khanorr »

Thank you very much so far!

The only thing i need now is the needed Pins/lanes on the Display-Flex cable. Whilt carefully loosening the glue that holds the display in place i couldn't really see where which pin has to be connected with which pin on the board.

Are there any documents related to what need's to be connected where? The only thing I could find is the datasheet with foreign signs, i could'nt get thorugh it.

Thanks in advance!

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The datasheet is the only documentation we have.

You can refer to our schematic for clues:
https://github.com/adafruit/1.8-TFT-breakout

Khanorr

Post by Khanorr »

That's perfect, thank you very much!

Greetings,

Khanorr

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”