Adafruit CC3000 + MikroC + PIC32

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
S11D336B

Adafruit CC3000 + MikroC + PIC32

Post by S11D336B »

Hi Guys,
I wonder if you might have some insight into this problem I'm experiencing. I've gotten the CC3000 breakout to work with the Arduino UNO, no problem. The Adafruit code and tutorial make it a snap.

Now I'm trying to get it to work with the PIC32 using MikroC's CC3000 library. They also have a CC3000 breakout board, but I do not yet own one so I'm using the Adafruit one. When I try to start the module, the program hangs like it's having trouble communicating with the Adafruit CC3000. Is there anything you know of off hand that would prevent this breakout board from working with the PIC? I know there are some logic level shifters and a tri-state buffer on MISO. Perhaps the tri-state buffer is interfering?

I can post more details about the project if it helps. Any thoughts you guys have would be really appreciated, I'm banging my head against the wall on this one...

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Adafruit CC3000 + MikroC + PIC32

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'm afraid we don't have much in-house PIC experience. You'd probably be better off checking with the folks responsible for the MikroC library and seeing if they can spot any differences between their board and ours that would make their code unhappy.

S11D336B

Re: Adafruit CC3000 + MikroC + PIC32

Post by S11D336B »

Will do. Thank you for your reply.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”