FONA: how to enter voicemail password

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bprobbins

FONA: how to enter voicemail password

Post by bprobbins »

Haven't been able to figure out how to enter voicemail password(pin) when calling voicemail either via terminal (USB) or arduino. What's the method? Some special AT command? My voicemail keeps saying, "Please enter the voicemail password and then press pound" repeatedly no matter what I type.
Thanks in advance

adafruit2

Re: FONA: how to enter voicemail password

Post by adafruit2 »

oh you have to send DTMF. hmm we have not added library support for that yet but FONA/SIM800 does support it
can you check out the AT command set data sheet section 3.2.14
AT+VTS="1234567890" will send those dtmf tones

bprobbins

Post by bprobbins »

AT+VTS="1234567890" produces ERROR response when I use putty. I am able to make a call with ATDnnnnnnnnnn;) and AT+VTS=? produces the response +VTS: (0-9,*,#,A,B,C,D),(1-255) so I'm puzzled what is amiss. Any ideas?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Try the AT+VTS= without the "" marks.

bprobbins

Post by bprobbins »

Still get ERROR

bprobbins

Post by bprobbins »

Any other ideas about what wrong with sending DMTF strings with AT+VTS= ?? Only single digit or character works with AT+VTS= without quotes (e.g. AT+VTS=7), nothing works with quotes unless I separate each character in the string with a comma (e.g., AT+VTS="7,3,2,1", but in this case T-Mobile voicemail only reacts as if the first digit is sent.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Can you just send individual AT+VTS commands?

bprobbins

Post by bprobbins »

No. Voicemail password has to be one complete string. If sent separately, each separate character is rejected as "incorrect password."

solardude

Post by solardude »

bprobbins wrote:No. Voicemail password has to be one complete string. If sent separately, each separate character is rejected as "incorrect password."
Search for solutions under the SimCom 900 since its so similar and widely used out there.

bprobbins

Post by bprobbins »

I am disappointed I couldn't get the DMTF string function to work. I was finally able to access T-Mobile voicemail via separate DTMF tone commands with RealTerm since it allows sending commands in a file. Couldn't do it manually at the acceptable, not too fast not too slow, speed. Tried various pausing and delays and this is what worked for me:
-Make a text file that is of this structure (assuming a password pin of "9999" and note the double spaced lines and semicolon at end):
at+vts=9

at+vts=9

at+vts=9

at+vts=9

at+vts=#;

-Select this file as the "Dump File to Port"
-Set char delay to 55ms and line delay to 600 and Repeats to 1 (I tried faster combinations that didn't work).
-After you dial your number and get the prompt for your password, press the Send File button.
Hopefully this helps someone else who wants this function. Now I just need to figure out how to do it programmatically.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”