Question about the Tiny Arduino Music Visualizer

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mickey25

Question about the Tiny Arduino Music Visualizer

Post by mickey25 »

I was wondering ,can you use more than one Adafruit Bicolor LED Square Pixel Matrix with I2C Backpack with the tiny arduino music visualizer? and stead of the mic can you use a stereo plug to recive audio into the arduino?

thanks
James Ross

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Question about the Tiny Arduino Music Visualizer

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Both should work, but there are some things you'll want to check if you use an audio jack.

First, connect the line to the Arduino through capacitors. You don't want any DC current to flow from the line to the Arduino.

Second, check the line voltage before hooking it up to the Arduino. You don't want the input to exceed the Arduino's voltage limits.

mickey25

Post by mickey25 »

I am plan to use my ipod to send the audio sound thru the head phone jack to a 3.5mm (1/8") Stereo DIY "Free-Hanging" In-Line Jack to the arduino .how do I check the line voltage?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The easiest way would be to find an old/broken set of headphones or earbuds, clip the wire, and use that as a test plug. The cut end of the cable will expose the wires that connect in the jack, and you can use alligator clips between those and a multimeter's probes. Set the meter to measure AC voltage and see what you get.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”