Church Child Tracking and Security Project

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
beak_man

Church Child Tracking and Security Project

Post by beak_man »

Hello to all Adafruit Geniuses out there. I've been a long time watcher of the blogs and hope someone out there can help me to not re-invent the proverbial wheel.
Here's what I'm looking to do. My church is interested in doing some type of real time location monitoring of our children during church worship services. I'm looking at doing some type of passive system using maybe the MiFare Classic (13.56MHz RFID/NFC) Bracelets. These are cheap, can be handed out during our child checkin process, and recovered at the end of each service during our child checkout process. The system doesn't have to be pin point accurate, but it would be nice to somehow track the kids in our building to make sure they are going to the class they are assigned to, or that they don't wonder out an exterior door.

A added bonus to the project would be to use the rfid bracelets to control door access for adults.

I realize I'm asking for a lot here so any better ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards and look forward to your ideas and responses.

Franklin97355

Re: Church Child Tracking and Security Project

Post by Franklin97355 »

Unless all doors are locked and the tag is required for access I don't see the kids voluntarily swiping the bracelet at monitoring points. I'm sure this could be done but I don't think it would work with the products Adafruit sells. You need more range between the readers and tags for what you propose.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”