Distributed Speakers? Looking for ideas...

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dandaweb

Distributed Speakers? Looking for ideas...

Post by dandaweb »

Ok so I've been working on my version of a security system/Jarvis... I've got motion detectors, magnetic reed switches on doors, etc. They are all linked to a central computer over wifi. What I'm stuck on is audio. I'd like that central computer to be able to output audio "just" to the kit-BANNED or "just" my room. Any ideas? Thanks!

dandaweb

Re: Distributed Speakers? Looking for ideas...

Post by dandaweb »

Any ideas? Just to give more details on the architecture... I've got Arduino Yun's and BeagleBone Blacks positioned around the house monitoring reed switches and motion detectors, and communicating over wifi. I also have an Arduino Esplora set up to monitor temp and light, and also it controls my X10 devices (lamps).

As an example.... When you walk into the house, the reed switch & motion detectors notice you, it sends me a text to tell me someone entered, and it turns on my lamps. That's working fine. But now I want to add audio. I have a Java application that I wrote that uses FreeTTS. It works good. But now I want it to speak only in the kit-BANNED or only in my bedroom. Any ideas? Almost like a wifi intercom?

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”