Launching separate events based on adjustable timers

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Pilzner

Launching separate events based on adjustable timers

Post by Pilzner »

I'm fairly new to all of this, so thanks for your patience....

I am trying to create a digital display timer that will allow me to set different events based on a count down timer.

For example:

I have a "master" timer that is set to 60 minutes via a dial/buttons. Display #1 is set to 45 minutes. When the Master timer = set time on Dial#1 (45 minutes), then event 1 happens. When the master timer reaches the set number on Display #2, then event 2 happens.
I have 6 different events that would happen at 6 different times....so 6 separate displays and 1 master Timer.

I want these displays/Times to be adjustable via separate buttons or rotary dials (per display)

The brain is an arduino for the purposes of easy resetting. I will also not be using battery power.
The trigger for events can be 3v/5v as these will launch separate motors (6 of them) and then a single larger motor for each event via a relay.

Ex: If Master Timer = Display #1, then Start small motor #1, then Start Big Motor. If Master Timer = Display #2, then Start Motor #2, then Start Big Motor

So here is the Nube question.....how do I do this?

I can not seem to find a timer/display that will allow me to do this....I do not want to reinvent the wheel if this already exists...but I am not against building these out either.

Any help or direction is much appreciated !!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Launching separate events based on adjustable timers

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There are a number of libraries that implement timers and event scheduling. Here is one: http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/TimerScheduler

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”