Adafruit PiTFT Touchscreen Display for RPi

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
marinahanna

Re: Adafruit PiTFT Touchscreen Display for RPi

Post by marinahanna »

I've attached a couple of pictures of what happens whenever I run any of those two files (I alsotried the "sudo mv /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbturbo.conf ~" but that just said that this file didn't exist in the directory). So, I turn on my rpi, and I get the image on the touchscreen, but I also get this image from the HDMI cable.

Whenever I run any of the two files, I get a black screen from the HDMI and I get the first image again, expect it has an error box that says "GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed:An authentication agent already exists for the given subject"
Attachments
attachments.zip
(225.08 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

if you created the file with:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Adafruit PiTFT"
Driver "fbdev"
Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
EndSection

you have to change
Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
to
Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb0" (thats a zero!)

and reboot, try that

marinahanna

Post by marinahanna »

That worked! Thank you!

marinahanna

Post by marinahanna »

Hello, I'm attempting to install the tactile switch buttons to serve as an on/off button. Whenever I click on the button, it turns it off, but after about 10 seconds it turns back on without me clicking the button. How can I fix this?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

try a different pin?

marinahanna

Post by marinahanna »

I attempted to use different GPIO pins, but they didn't work either. It will turn off, but immediately turn on right after. Would it have something to do with the fact that I'm using a rechargeable power supply and it might be turning it back on?

Also, whenever I boot to X, it seems that most of the windows open are too big for the screen. Some I can adjust to fit the screen. However, I'm attempting to use a program on it, but am unable to do so because it doesn't fit the screen. Is there anyway of changing the screen resolution? And if so, how would I go about doing that?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Some rechargeable power supplies have built-in circuits to shut off the boost converter if there's no load (or only a light load) across the output. Running the converter while there's no load wastes power.

If your power supply shuts down its converter when it sees the RasPi shut down, then tests the line again a few seconds later, the RasPi will see that as an unplug-and-replug event and force a reboot.

Try running the RasPi from a wall adapter and see if you have the same problem.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

marinahanna wrote:Is there anyway of changing the screen resolution?
Unfortunately, no. You can't change it.

marinahanna

Post by marinahanna »

Well, the reason I ask is because the resolution on the screen says the mode is "592x448", but when purchasing this item I thought that the resolution would be 320x240, not something larger. How can it be that this cannot be changed to fit the original description of the product?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

marinahanna wrote:Well, the reason I ask is because the resolution on the screen says the mode is "592x448", but when purchasing this item I thought that the resolution would be 320x240, not something larger. How can it be that this cannot be changed to fit the original description of the product?
where does it say 592x448?

marinahanna

Post by marinahanna »

I typed into the LXTerminal "fbset -s" and it showed mode "592x448". When I connect it through my hdmi cord and type "fbset -s", I get "mode 1312x736".

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

i dont know that fbset is used with FBTFT or how it works. it could be fbset is instead looking at the composite framebuffer. either pay, the PiTFT 2.8" is 320x240 fixed res

marinahanna

Post by marinahanna »

Okay, I understand. Then, is there any way that I would be able to get the entire screen to fit on the pitft?

marinahanna

Post by marinahanna »

These are a couple of pictures of the images I see through my monitor and my pitft. I am obviously able to see the entire screen through the hdmi and wondering if there was a way to do this so I can see the full desktop through the pitft.
Attachments
IMG_3277.JPG
IMG_3277.JPG (100.6 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
IMG_3276.JPG
IMG_3276.JPG (79.09 KiB) Viewed 1491 times

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

marinahanna wrote:These are a couple of pictures of the images I see through my monitor and my pitft. I am obviously able to see the entire screen through the hdmi and wondering if there was a way to do this so I can see the full desktop through the pitft.
with fbcp it is possible, we don't have tutorial on fbcp but the basic instuctions are here. we haven't used it either, so we have no information or instruction for use with pitft

https://github.com/notro/fbtft/wiki/Fra ... -mirroring

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”