Can't Find These Sensors

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
DMCShep

Can't Find These Sensors

Post by DMCShep »

I'm looking for two sensors that I just cannot seem to find anywhere, and was hoping someone knew of where to find them:

1) Radar Sensor for speed AND distance. The same kind that law enforcement uses to check the speed of a car, for similar reasons. I'd need to read both speed and distance with this one, so that I can also tell how far in the driveway they pulled in. Deliveries, the pizza guy, trucks, etc. tend to only pull in partway so as not to block anyone, but the remainder of us pull in all the way to park, so if someone pulls in partway and is moving at vehicular speed (i.e. faster than typical wildlife), it'll notify me.

2) HD Radio Receiver. Not necessarily the audio segment of it, but I've noticed that there are numerous flaws with the way many OEM car stereos display the information, so I'd like to be able to know the frequency and pull back the song and artist and display it on an LCD screen.

So does anyone know of any sensors that fit the bill? I know Hot Wheels made a radar gun a while back, but it doesn't detect distance and is exorbitantly expensive for my project, which may involve more than one radar sensor. Plus using cameras, infrared, ultrasonic, motion, etc. sensors just aren't giving me the results I seek (either too many false positives or not sensitive enough). Hopefully radar will fit the bill, and while I can find a plethora of analog radio receivers, I can't find any that work for HD radios.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Can't Find These Sensors

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We don't have any sensors that fulfill those requirements.

DMCShep

Re: Can't Find These Sensors

Post by DMCShep »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:We don't have any sensors that fulfill those requirements.
Do you know of anyone else that makes similar sensors?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”