Custom PCB Roadmap

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Funman1

Re: Custom PCB Roadmap

Post by Funman1 »

Eagle will let you design 2 layer boards under 4" x 3" or something close to that.
Anything more and you need to purchase the full version.
You may download their free version from their website.

Just Google for some getting started with Eagle on Youtube and it will get you creating quickly.

As for cheap PCB runs with fast turn around I can recommend no one better than OSHPark.com
They are local here in the USA boards are made here in USA and they do gold plating. I have had boards submitted to them on a Monday and had the boards in my hands the next week on Wed using their basic service.

SimoneOMC

Re: Custom PCB Roadmap

Post by SimoneOMC »

Hi Ductsoup,

Simone from OMC here!
I saw your post and wanted to make sure you knew that the Othermill and its accompanying software import .brd files natively, with no conversion to g-code or anything else. As far as iterative prototyping goes, it's quite handy, we even prototyped the power board for Othermill V2 on the Othermill V1 until we got it to standard and could send it to the board house :).

The Light (free) version of Eagle has a maximum size that fits nicely on the Othermill's machining bed. We use Eagle here all the time.

I can be reached here or at [email protected], let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks,
Simone

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”