Need Motor Advice for my Arduino project

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ih08

Need Motor Advice for my Arduino project

Post by ih08 »

I'm currently working on an Arduino OSC Rover group project with 7 others, but unfortunately the others aren't pulling their weight, thus I am trying to compile what I need to build our Rover. We can't use a kit so I need to find all the parts separately. I'm in search of a good motor that is obviously compatible with Arduino that will run on a 12V battery, possibly 9V. Also need suggestions on wheels that can be controlled by Arduino. Any guidance or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have less than 2 weeks to compile everything. It's way more than I can do alone, but I need to try.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Need Motor Advice for my Arduino project

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Not sure what your exact rover requirements are. But www.pololu.com has an excellent selection of gearmotors that work well for rovers - as well as a selection of wheels and drivetrain parts. www.pololu.com

ih08

Post by ih08 »

Thanks for the tip. Just got word that I'm meeting with some of the group members tomorrow. Hope to solidify our design. It's an over sand vehicle that needs to identify heat (form a burning candle). I'll pass along your information.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

For sand, you may want to check out the some of the wider wheels such as the Dagu all-terrain or the Lynxmotion off-road wheels.
http://www.robotshop.com/en/robot-wheel.html

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”