When I use the kit, the chip/batteries seems warm or hot...Is this OK?
Its normal for the chip and batteries to be warm or hot, especially when charging a device that is nearly drained. The chip should not get hot or very warm when nothing is plugged in.
The maximum temperature for the mintyboost chip is over 100 degrees C, that is hotter than boiling water. If you are worried, lick your finger (a little) and touch the tip of your finger to the top of the LT1302 chip. If you dont hear a sizzle (of the water boiling away), its just fine.
However, if the batteries are so hot that its painful to touch, start to smoke, burn or melt or leak fluid....something is wrong! Unplug it immediately and remove the batteries if it is safe to do so.
But its really hot and I'm worried!
Yes, this is normal. When the chip is working to charge your gadget, its going to get hot. Normally you never get to see or touch the chips in your chargers so you don't realize how hot electronics get.
Really, its normal for the Mintyboost to get hot!
If you're concerned, you can always do the finger test above. If its too hot, it will sizzle, otherwise, its OK
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests