On the product page it says "To program the validator, check the paper insert for instructions" but the only paper insert was one in Chinese, are there any instructions in English?
Discoveries so far...
- Hold set in for a few seconds, then release.
- A1 will be displayed, and you can start dropping coins in for learning it about first coin
- It starts counting up while you drop coins in.
- After ~15 cycles, it got enough info about first coin and display will show A1 again.
- Press and hold set again, and it will go to A2.
- Put coins in until display shows A2 again.
- Press and hold set again, and it will go to A3.
- Repeat steps from above.
- Press and hold set again, and it will go to A4.
- Put one coin in, and display goes blank...?
- Put another coin in, and it will flash the counter very fast.
- Repeat until you are bored putting coins in (I stopped at 80).
- Press all buttons, hold all buttons, nothing happens.
- Disconnect power and start over.....
Not wure what I am doing wrong, since this is the only thing I can make it do.
Found some more things about this.
Suddenly it started to reject all coins, even during the learning process. Turned out that the coil on the solenoid is getting a bit warm, and as it gets warm, the plastic tube holding a magnet inside of it gets heated up too. The result form that is the magnet slipping out and into the solenoid, so it can no longer pull the slider out of the way and let the coin pass through. A fix for this is to take the solenoid off, test which way the magnet should face in the tube, put a bit glue into the tube, and put the magnet back in. And as it is important, I will repeat myself. Test wich way the magnet should face in the tube! If it is facing the wrong direction, it will be pushed into the acceptor, instead of pulled out of it. So check it before using any glue.
When gluing the magnet back in, put a few drops of glue in the tube, and press the magnet in so it is 1-2mm below the opening of the tube. This seems to give the best pulling force on it.