Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Rainbow Pibow + MicroSD
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Rainbow Pibow + MicroSD

by msfwebdude on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:47 pm

I have been trying to buy the Adafruit Pi Box and/or the Adafruit Pibow for my Raspberry Pi and they have been in stock and out of stock and sometimes so quickly. So I bought the Rainbow Pibow instead.

Originally I thought it was kind of too colorful or too kid-like or too rainbowey. I was also worried about the extra space the MicroSD card adapter takes and if it would fit.

Last night I put it together. The Low-profile microSD card adapter for Raspberry Pi does come in contact with the bottom plate and makes removing the adapter as a whole not practical, BUT removing and reinserting the actual microsd card itself is relatively easy with the entire unit assembled. And in real life the Rainbow Pibow looks great, I am liking it very much.

Very happy with the product.
msfwebdude

Re: Rainbow Pibow + MicroSD

by msfwebdude on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Photos in case anyone was interested...

Bottom

Edge

microSD card in and out

msfwebdude

Re: Rainbow Pibow + MicroSD

by adafruit on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 pm

nice, thanks for posting up your experiments!

adafruit