Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Capacitor Values
Moderators: Altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, mome rath

Capacitor Values

by kfj on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Quick question. I'm currently soldering in the parts for the VCF and I've noticed that I don't seem to have any .018uf polyester capacitors. One is supposed to go in C18. I must have forgot to order them (self sourced build). I have some spare .010uf caps and I wondered if I could use one of those instead. Would it have a noticable effect on the sound? Thanks.
kfj

Re: Capacitor Values

by MMM on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:37 pm

kfj wrote:Quick question. I'm currently soldering in the parts for the VCF and I've noticed that I don't seem to have any .018uf polyester capacitors. One is supposed to go in C18. I must have forgot to order them (self sourced build). I have some spare .010uf caps and I wondered if I could use one of those instead. Would it have a noticable effect on the sound? Thanks.

Since C18 is part of the filter ladder it is likely that the effect would be noticeable.
MMM

Re: Capacitor Values

by kfj on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 pm

MMM wrote:
kfj wrote:Quick question. I'm currently soldering in the parts for the VCF and I've noticed that I don't seem to have any .018uf polyester capacitors. One is supposed to go in C18. I must have forgot to order them (self sourced build). I have some spare .010uf caps and I wondered if I could use one of those instead. Would it have a noticable effect on the sound? Thanks.

Since C18 is part of the filter ladder it is likely that the effect would be noticeable.

Ok, thanks.
kfj