Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Fried Pi
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Fried Pi

by overhacked on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 pm

So,

I bought the Pi starter kit a few weeks ago, and I fried my Raspberry Pi by brainlessly hooking up 5V to one of the GPIO pins (the ribbon cable was plugged in backwards). :oops: I see that adafruit isn't selling individual boards right now. Is my best bet to order a replacement directly from element-14 and wait for the next production run?
overhacked

Re: Fried Pi

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 am

Is my best bet to order a replacement directly from element-14 and wait for the next production run?

That is your best bet at the moment.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Fried Pi

by overhacked on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Just heard from a friend who works near your offices how badly you've been affected by Sandy; wishing you well with the cleanup!
overhacked