Raspberry Pi Starter Pack and USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Raspberry Pi Starter Pack and USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi

by orca on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 am

I'm planning on purchasing the Raspberry Pi Starter Pack (when it comes back in stock) and the USB Wifi Module with Antenna. Do I need to get a USB Powered hub as well, or will the Pi have enough power to run with this configuration with no other USB peripherals?

Thanks!
orca

Re: Raspberry Pi Starter Pack and USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi

by adafruit on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 am

we've found as long as you have a GOOD power supply such as the 5.25V we stock, it can drive the wifi adapter without a hub
adafruit

Re: Raspberry Pi Starter Pack and USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi

by Hikerd on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Can this Wifi module be set to monitor mode? Thanks.
Hikerd

by adafruit_support_mike on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:50 am

I don't think so. There's a 'Site Survey' mode which you can use with the management software, but the searching I've done in general says the Realtek drivers don't support monitor mode.
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.
adafruit_support_mike