Sorry to up this thread, but I can't make my adafruit pn532 shield work with the libnfc.
I read the thread (and followed the last link to the tutorial) and did that :
- I do everything as su user
- edit libnfc/drivers/pn532_uart.c and add lots (30) of 0x00 in the pn532_wakeup_preamble
- then create the directory /usr/local/etc/nfc/devices.d
- copy libnfc.conf.example to the /usr/local/etc/nfc/libnfc.conf
- edit the libnfc.conf to set :
device.name = "UartSBee"
device.connstring = "pn532_uart:/dev/ttyUSB0"
I checked my dmesg, and the FTDI cable is connected to the /dev/ttyUSB0.
Then hardware :
I have the adafruit PN532 shield v1.0
I close the SEL1 with a blob.
I connect the 5V and Gnd to my arduino through cable. I have the two leds (busy and PWR) on.
I connect MOSI to the brown cable of my FTDI cable
I connect SS to the red cable of my FTDI cable
it's a 3.3V FTDI cable, but I use the power of the arduino. Is it bad ?
Then, I compiled the libnfc library with --with-drivers=pn532_uart
make, make install
When I launch nfc-list, I have the timeout answer.
- Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
$ nfc-list -v
nfc-list uses libnfc 1.7.0-rc7
nfc-list: ERROR: Unable to open NFC device: pn532_uart:/dev/ttyUSB0
Some pictures of the hardware :http://rkade.fr/static/img/IMG_20130728_170203.jpghttp://rkade.fr/static/img/IMG_20130728_170213.jpghttp://rkade.fr/static/img/IMG_20130728_170224.jpg
If you can help me ?