Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

ARNDALE-5250-A with ARM15
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

ARNDALE-5250-A with ARM15

by markmmullin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:37 pm

I believe this is an interesting development - Samsung is out to continue the progression that has roots in Arduino, powered up further with BeagleBone, and now theres this $250 card from a Korean outfit running Samsungs new ARM 15 with that nice OpenCL compatible 72 GFlop core - see http://www.howchip.com/shop/item.php?it_id=AND5250A

1) Anybody have any direct experience with this ?

My back of the envelope calcs say that this actually has an interesting processing power yield - 8 cards is $2G running at a theoretical max of 576 GFlop -in the range of a standard mobo + pxr + gpu but possibly with a significantly smaller form factor, power usage,etc

So for those of us looking at mesh processing networks and all sorts of other neato massively parallel stuff (the raspi super-puter was cute, but not really practical), is this 'interesting' or did I just fall out of bed and hit my head this morning

2) And if it is cool, when is Adafruit going to make a stripped down one as a brain for this internet of things :D

As a tangential question, only cause if you read this far this stuff probably amuses you to, what about the fact that Plan 9 is up on Raspi ?
markmmullin