Pi Card Adapter / Pi Box problem...
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Pi Card Adapter / Pi Box problem...

by gordiegii on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:21 pm

I recently purchased a Pi Box (ID 859) and a Pi Card Adapter (ID 966) and they don't seem to play well together.
The adapter lifts the end of the RPi board thus mis-aligning the power connector and the hole.
Is there (or will there) be modified bottom and end plates to fix this available? e.g. a notch in the end of the bottom plate to let the RPi drop down to its normal position and a notch in the bottom of the card slot to allow acess to the card.
I would hate to have to take a file to my Pi Box.
Would any other case(s) (e.g. Pibow, Cyntech or Pi Shell) work better with the Adapter, or would the card be lower than the slot?
Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence. -- Morris Kline
gordiegii

Re: Pi Card Adapter / Pi Box problem...

by adafruit on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:31 am

GordieGii wrote:I recently purchased a Pi Box (ID 859) and a Pi Card Adapter (ID 966) and they don't seem to play well together.
The adapter lifts the end of the RPi board thus mis-aligning the power connector and the hole.
Is there (or will there) be modified bottom and end plates to fix this available? e.g. a notch in the end of the bottom plate to let the RPi drop down to its normal position and a notch in the bottom of the card slot to allow acess to the card.
I would hate to have to take a file to my Pi Box.
Would any other case(s) (e.g. Pibow, Cyntech or Pi Shell) work better with the Adapter, or would the card be lower than the slot?

thanks for the note, the pi box is optimized for easy access to full sized SD cards. all the cases are not optimized for the tiny pi card adapters.

thanks,
adafruit support
adafruit